October 14, 2012

Little Spidey's Cutie Cookies

To help the boys and girls with their "constructing numbers" skills, I've created this printable for home practice. 

After cutting out and sorting each piece into it's appropriate pile, parents should ask the child to construct a three-digit number in three different ways.  The child should be given about 3-4 minutes to do so and then call you back to check their work.  The numbers must be a multiple of 5 due to the denominations I've created.  

If you like, send me a picture of your child working with them and we'll use it as our Photo of the Day in our Morning Message! 

mrs.mihalides@gmail.com  

We've been doing this very activity on our Smartboard as part of our Morning Message, so this concept is familiar to the boys and girls. I hope this hands-on, home practice assists them in seeing how numbers can be constructed in a variety of ways. It's a lot of cutting to be done, but I think it's worth it!  

The file is quite large, so it may take a little longer to download. It will say "No preview available" and then "Sorry we are unable to scan this file for viruses", please click, "Download anyway". The file is just too big for google docs. It's a document I created, there are no viruses, I promise.  

Little Spidey's Cutie Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...