October 23, 2012

Math Test: Tuesday October 30

We're having our Unit One Math test on Tuesday. I realize this is the same day as the students' soils quiz. I think they'll be okay but if we find as Tuesday approaches we need more time, we'll extend the test date.  It's an awkward week to have a test with Halloween being on Wednesday, but we'll find a way to make this work. 

I typically have Math tests on Thursdays but who wants to study on Halloween night?  And Friday? Well, that's pushing it a little too late in the week.  And I do not support tests on Mondays.  I don't think that's good practice. 

So that leaves Tuesday.  

I'm going to send home the Math workbook tomorrow. It can stay home for good and be used for practice. Since this was our first unit, we completed most of the tasks together so the boys and girls would know what is expected of them at the Grade Three level.

The focus of our test will be on problem solving. I'm looking to see that the kids can use the skills they've learned to solve higher level thinking problems.  

There is a practice test attached that will assist with test preparation. We'll also do plenty of review in class.  

To further support their home study, I'll post Math problems daily leading up to the test. These problems are very close relatives to the actual test questions.

Please note: the test includes a section on rounding numbers. We're going to cover this concept after the test as a mini-unit. 

Unit 1 Practice Test  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...