November 05, 2012

My Email Policy

Home-school communication is very important to me. In fact, it's really the main reason for this blog. Being able to bring parents into the classroom so to speak, is one of the reasons students in my class are so successful and I think it's a great way to build community. 

In addition to this blog, emailing is another great way for us to keep in touch. Of course, there's always phone calls, letters and meetings.  At this time, I'd like to share with you my policy regarding email. 

When it comes to emailing, it's my policy not to discuss any personal matters as they relate to my students and their families via email.  This includes student progress, behaviour or other information that is highly personal.It's in everyone's best interest that our emails concern only minor matters. If you would like to know how your child is progressing, please call me and I would be happy to share this information with you either by phone or in person. 

I am happy to offer an email service to parents but for everyone's protection it's best to have limits and I ask that you respect my policies.  
  
I am pleased to receive or exchange emails about matters such as the following:   

  • an upcoming absence 
  • homework questions
  • funny photos that can be shared with the class
  • photos or information that I've requested via the blog
  • an offer to help out in the classroom with a trip/craft/special event
  • other questions that relate to classroom activities but are not questions regarding a student's progress/behaviour or personal family matters. 
  
I hope you understand that I will only respond to emails Monday through Friday. I will not respond to emails on the weekend as this time needs to be devoted to spending time with family and friends and preparing my lessons for my students. 

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.  Our's is a very important relationship because we share an interest the happiness, success, safety and privacy of one very special person. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...