November 06, 2012

Oh the questions!!!

You would be so impressed!
You'd be so thrilled! 
You'd wonder, "Are these third-graders?"  

We had a good chunk of time to work on our Reading Response Letters today. We're writing them about the story called, A Bear in War.  I re-read the story to the boys and girls and a light-bulb went off for me.  

"How many of you think you have really good questions for your RRL, but you're worried they're thin questions?"  

All hands go up. 

"Tell you what, write your questions down on your Post-it note and bring them to me. Don't worry if you think they're thin or thick."  

I had goose-bumps. 

The questions the boys and girls were asking were so rich, so sophisticated, so thoughtful. It was one of "those" moments teachers hope for.   

I cannot wait to read the next set of RRLs.

Can.
Not. 
Wait. 

Extra dessert tonight for everyone!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...