December 10, 2012

Sunshine Home

The boys and girls finished up their Reading Response With Evidence assignments for Sunshine Home today and they were spectacular! We followed all the steps outlined in the video here:  

How to Write a Reading Response With Evidence


I am so pleased with the quality of the children's work on this, their first fully independent RRWE task. It is very rewarding and exciting to see the boys and girls begin to take what they're taught and incorporate their own "voice" which really puts their personal stamp on the whole exercise, making it a pleasure to read and I would think, more fun to complete. I love these tasks because as each one is completed, my students' confidence as authors soar and our room becomes a factory of creativity! And now, knowing what I have recently learned about the importance of non-fiction writing, I'm even more excited for my kids! 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...