November 23, 2013

Parent-Teacher Night

It was a pleasure to meet with you all on Thursday evening.  On the drive home that night, I was thinking about how important these meetings are. We certainly get a lot covered in just ten minutes, don't we? We share a special person in common and to sit down and discuss ways we can help them to be more successful says so much about what we value.  


Our meeting was the coming together of people who work hard.  You work very hard to raise your children to be the best they can be, and it shows.  They represent you so well. I see your hard work every day from the lunches you prepare to the kindness and compassion your children show to one another. I work hard to give them the very best learning environment I can and I hope you saw that Thursday night. I hope you see that in everything I do. 

And finally, the children work hard.  They work so very hard don't they? We see evidence of this everyday. We see how from one day to another they grow in all kinds of ways.  Up and up they go, on their way to making a difference in the world and they do it through hard work, one day at a time.  

I hope that when you drove home Thursday night, like me, you had a warm heart and a big smile. 

Thank you again for meeting with me. We're a quarter of the way through our time together and we're off to a great start! Let's keep working hard!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...