January 13, 2014

Guess who this is?

Parents, would you ask your child to watch this short video?

We are about halfway througheading The One and Only Ivan, is a true story.  It's been such a wonderful and memorable journey; this book, and the fact that it is a true story...I get goose-bumps.  

On Friday, I told the children that sometimes when I'm reading the novel to them, I feel like I might cry. I'm not sure if I have the words to paint a picture in your mind for this one, but you know how the Muppets would all nod and look approvingly at each other at the end of one of their numbers? Well, that's what my students did on Friday when I said this.  They get it. And I love them for it.  

Can I keep them for another year? 

I would love it if the boys and girls could watch this two minute video of Ivan in his zoo habitat, after he was moved from the mall where he lived for most of his life.  

What a beautiful story and a wonderful way to cap off our school year.  

The One and Only Ivan


More about Ivan here.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...