January 06, 2014

Happy New Year!




Happy New Year everyone! 
Welcome back! Did you have a great Christmas? Did you enjoy time with your family and friends? Did you do like me and skip breakfast, lunch and dinner and go straight to dessert?!  

I hope you all had a wonderful time and I wish you the very best of everything in 2014.

So last night I had a problem. Yes I did. It was 1:45 am and I still hadn't fallen asleep. Not sure why though. It might have been the large coffee I asked Mr. M to pick up for me on his way home from Canada Tire (as my girlfriend's late Grandfather calls it).  But come on...surely a coffee at 2:00 pm wouldn't couldn't keep this hard-core caffeine addict from sleeping. Could it?  

Anyways, as the minutes ticked on I was starting to wonder how this was all going to look in the morning when I great my chickadees for the first time in the New Year. It just doesn't look right if I'm relying on the chalkboard to hold me upright!  

And then I remembered who I was dealing with.  

You see, Room 208 is a very special room filled with very special kids. You come in here and you're all *energized*. How can you not feel instantly lifted when you are surrounded by smiling faces who are just as happy to see you as you are to see them! And they do it all without coffee!!!

We had a great day today and although I'll likely be asleep by 6:00 pm tonight, I couldn't be more thrilled to start my year with such an uplifting, delightful group of kids.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...