June 26, 2014

Thank you.


It seems so hard to believe that it's the night before the last day of school. This year has gone by faster than ever. I think it must be age-related, because the months fly at lightening speed and oh my, before I know it, it's June again. 

And here we are.  

I loved being your child's teacher this year. I think I laughed more than I ever have. In this crazy, complicated, fast-paced life we grown-ups live, it was such a joy to spend my day with such kind, light-hearted, easy-going and positively hilarious kids. We were always focused on learning and getting our job done, but we did it with humour. I think we have more little inside jokes than any group of high-schoolers you could find.

Grade Three is not an easy year for kids. There's an awful lot to cover in a short period of time. Teachers are charged with fitting ten months of curriculum in just nine in order to have students prepared for EQAO. After almost ten years in the grade, I'm only now feeling as though I have a really tight program that accomplishes the learning goals and leaves time for fun.  

And boy did we have fun!  When I look back over the Winkflash photo albums from our time together, I can't get over how much we did. We played games galore, sang songs, read incredible stories, and learned all kinds of new lessons.  

Imagine having a job where your work-space feels like home, your teammates are kind, thoughtful and respectful, they are exceptionally hard-working and they all shake your hand every morning with a big smile on their face. Teaching is truly the greatest and most rewarding job in the world and everyday this year, I was reminded of how lucky I am to be a member of this wonderful profession.  

Thank you for all the hard work you did from your end. Our year together was a tremendous success and I know this would not be possible without the loving and supportive homes my students come from. 

I hope all of my students and their families have a very memorable and safe summer. Off they go to Grade Four in the Fall, but they'll forever have a place in my heart. 

208 is truly great.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...