October 23, 2014

O Canada!

In light of the tragic events that took place in Ottawa yesterday, I've made a change in plans for tomorrow's Fun Friday. 

We had a very age-appropriate discussion about what happened yesterday. I did not go into very much detail and took only a few questions from the boys and girls. I've told them that if they have other questions, they'll want to ask Mom or Dad or me privately. Sometimes in situations like this, an imagination can really get the best of children. One child's question can be very upsetting to another.  

Tomorrow we're going to celebrate Canada. I'm asking the boys and girls to wear their Canadian clothes: a hockey jersey, a red t-shirt, a souvenir top, anything that says, "I'm a proud Canadian". 

We're going to talk about the wonderful work our Armed Forces and first responders do, along with ways we as regular citizens can make a difference in our great Nation.

The boys and girls will work on the special page I've created. If you would like your own copy of this page, you can download it by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...