March 27, 2015

Friday Funnies!

It's been quite a week!
We had a ball looking at photos from everyone's March Break, learned about gist answers and the meaning of the word improvise.  The kids wrote their unit 6 Math test (it was out of 66! Sixty-six!!!) and they made great progress in their Dave paragraphs (can't wait for you to read those!).  

We also had some very funny moments. 
Here are some of the comments I overheard this week and managed to write down to share with you. 

After teaching the kids about what we mean by the word improvise, I did a few demonstrations with some volunteers from the audience.  It was a lot of fun and we had lots of laughs. Shortly after that lesson, it was announced that it would be indoor recess.  

Moments later during recess, I asked a group of girls what they were doing. Their response:  "We're playing improvise." 

During that same recess, I also overheard a group of boys discuss how all girls ever talk about is their lipstick. 

Me: How did the waiter know it was your birthday?
Child: Well, I didn't tell him. I wrote it on my iPad and kind of slid it in front of him so he would know.  

Just two of the hilarious responses to the last question on this week's
POTW test!


I found Dave at TJ Maxx in Florida! :D

I have loved orchids for years. This is the one
my Mother bought me for Easter last year.  I have
never been able to get one to re-bloom and since plants
do so well in our class, I thought "why not?" and look!
We'll have flowers very soon! 

One of the posts from our deck looks as done with
winter as I am! 

I was given a very thoughtful gift earlier this
week by a student in our class!
Like many kids in the 80s, I LOVED my Smurfs!








LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...