October 22, 2017

A "spook-tacular" bit of fun!

What a great way to end the week! 
This week, we read Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds.  This hilarious text includes some of the key writing conventions we've been talking about throughout the school year such as: italics, ellipses and text size to indicate emotion. This book is a treasure trove of literary fun! 



Have a look at these creepy, yet adorable pumpkins the kids made on Friday afternoon! We used orange Solo cups that I picked up at a Pittsburgh-area Target last year on clearance, black peel and stick felt and battery operated candles that I got at Michaels a while back with my 50% off coupon. This was a great craft for kids and at the same time, easy on the wallet! 

Special thanks to my classroom photographer Claire! While I was busy helping other students, she roamed the room with my camera taking all kinds of great pictures.  Students are learning about the difference between what we call "working photos" and "smiling photos". We're learning about digital citizenship and every opportunity I can give my students to safely practice this is a real win!  
























I made this instructional video for my students. There's no sound so that I could explain it to them while they watched.  If you're a teacher and you'd like to make this craft with your students, feel free to use my video as well! 









LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...