November 21, 2015

I Bought My Cat a Jetpack!


This week's Poem of the Week was hilarious! We loved reading it with expression and we loved talking about the picture we made in our mind while we read.  

So for Fun Friday, we just had to draw this cat! We call a lesson like this "directed drawing".  I provide the boys and girls with instructions as to how to draw the cat itself and then they can add their own flair. As you might guess, the kids did a fantastic job!  

I made a no-sound recording of how to draw the cat, then I provided my students with live, step-by-step instructions using the document camera. 


Once my little learners got the cat drawn, it was time to personalize their pet and what a great job they did! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...