September 19, 2016

Ooops, I did it again.

The boys and girls came home on Monday with their Text of the Week test from last Friday.  We wrote the bulk of the test together as a class and then the students independently completed questions 5 and 6. 

They're learning all about the 5cm rule (I'm hoping they can explain it to you), using the question to help them begin their response and what it means to state our purpose for writing (required for question 6).  

They're also learning that their teacher does her best proofreading after she photocopies and distributes the test.  

Question four was a whoops.  There's no possible answer for it in the story itself.  I stuck a label on the back of each child's test with a question on it that better reflects the types of questions students can anticipate on their weekly tests.  
Add caption
I'd like to promise you this is the last time there will be a typo on something I create for my class, but I don't think I can. And why bother right?  It makes for great talks about how we all make mistakes and the importance of being able to laugh at ourselves (and drink more coffee).  

I also think this supports my long-standing claim that Tim Hortons needs to deliver to schools. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...