October 14, 2017

Repost from 2016! A "sweet" afternoon!

This is a favourite blog post from 2016 that I wanted to share with my new students, their families and visitors.  We made applesauce again on October 13, 2017 and while preparing for that blog post, I came upon this one.  😍

Every now and then, I like to record parts of my instruction. I typically use my document camera because then, you can hear the action, but I don't have to worry about compromising the privacy of my students.  So it tends to be a lot of my hands, but more importantly, a lot of sweet conversations.   

This video is just that.  I watched/listened to it again on Saturday morning and I love how cozy it feels. We were just getting our Fun Friday rolling. The applesauce was cooking and the kids had just had lunch and finished their little after-lunch chores.

As mentioned in the video, the boys and girls will be writing the instructions (we call it procedural writing) for how to make applesauce. Then, we'll take it down to a kindergarten class and buddy up and read! the class was super-excited when I told them this! They loved the idea of being the leader in this capacity!  





It was a super-fun day on Friday. The kids were in great spirits and could.not.wait. until we ate that applesauce!  Our student of the day, Miss Mikaela acted as our server AND photographer! Great job Mikaela!   I heard some hilarious comments about the applesauce ranging from, "I've never had applesauce, but this is the best applesauce I've ever had!"  to "Are we allowed seconds? What about thirds? Can we have sevenths Mrs. M?"  

It's a super-easy recipe and now that the kids know how to make it, I'm sure they'll be happy to help with the apple peeling!  Click here for a printable copy.  




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...